Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Never enough time


Today My furry friend Lucy died. My heart feels broken, but really its not. It has another crack in it.
It reminds me that there is never enough time, there was never enough time for me to give her all the love i felt for her.

The death of my son, and the death of my dear furry friend Sasha two yrs ago taught me, you only give one chance to witness the death of someone you love.

So as Lucy died i was holding her in my arms, as they shaved her little paw, and put the needle in she growled and hissed like her alter ego "Rattlesnake" I cradled her and told her to let them have it and to be a brave girl. I sang to her.

A song i have sung to her since she was 8 weeks old

Mamas gonna buy you a diamond ring and if that diamond won't shine.

Mamas gonna buy you the sun in the sky,

And if that sun don't shine,

Mamas gonna buy you the stars and the moon.

I sang it and sang it, i told her How i was so lucky to be her mama, how she had healed parts of my brokeness. I told her she was going to be reunited with Sasha her BFF (best furry friend). I thanked her. The ride to the vet she purred and purred, something she had not done for weeks.


I want to share with the lyrics for Marc Anthony New song, the salsa version

VIVIR MI VIDA (LIVE MY LIFE) - The song is in Spanish so here is the translation

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

[I'm gonna] live my life, la, la, la, la

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna enjoy

live my life, la, la, la, la

Sometimes rain comes

to clean wounds

Sometimes just a drop

can overcome the drought


And why cry, for what?

If it hurts bad, forget it

And why suffer, for what?

If life is like this, you must live it


I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

live my life, la, la, la, la

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna enjoy

live my life, la, la, la, la


I'm gonna live in the moment

to understand the fate

I'm gonna listen in silence

to find the way

And why cry, for what?

If it hurts bad, forget it

And why suffer, for what?

If it hurts bad, forget it

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

live my life, la, la, la, la

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna enjoy

live my life, la, la, la, la

My people!

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

Why mourn? Why suffer?

Start dreaming, laughing

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

Feel and dance and enjoy,

you only live once

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance

Live, always keep moving forward

Don't look back

My people, you only live once

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna dance
live my life, la, la, la, la

I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna enjoy

live my life, la, la, la, la

So my friends, connect with one another, there really is never enough time. Connect with your loved ones, connect with yourself.
Really thats all there is in this life and to be honest its all too short.

Love, ANg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ang, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I think about you often, and the losses you've had and our conversations through the years. I lost two chickens to hawks this year....its so difficult. I shed tears for you and I miss you, my friend.

J C said...

Oh Ang. That hurts. I'm so sorry. I could never be so brave.