Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flutters- The Robin's Nest- PaperArtist Design Team Call



PaperArtist ......DESIGN TEAM CALL..... PAPERARTISTE , Does that not describe me???? The company is called  The Robin's Nest. The blog is HERE.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I am a mixed media artist that loves, i mean really loves Paper. I love making cards and books and anything mini.
So without further ...hmmmm....further adieu! Let me begin!
In about 5 minutes it will officially be Mothers Day. Money is tight. I have alot of supplies SO for the very first time ever i created a very special card for my husbands mom.
ITS SO ELEGANT AND BEAUTIFUL. It has a matching butterfly sleeve envelope and card.
First lets gather our supplies


YOUR favorite scrapbook paper ( I used Stella Ruby by Basic Grey and Vintage Valentine by fancy pants), ribbons, blank card , and a envelope/card template (Anna Griffith) and your Artiste toolbox (tape,scissors,pencils etc.

Rubber Stamps of your choosing. I used a Butterfly set from Hampton Arts
 Working with Waterbased markers are alot of fun.  Most of them come with a brush end, and you start coloring on your rubber stamp, choosing colors that compliment whatever paper you have chosen. I worked with Bamboo by Letraset and the set of Grunge by Tim Holtz. Once i colored the image i had a small spray misting bottle and i misted the stamp and stamp on WC paper. Pretty eh?


Letting them dry, I then cut my paper to fit my card. The thing about any art project , whether it be scrapbooking or card making, its all about layering. Play around with composition, you will begin to feel the right way, and by right way I mean your right way, your true inner self.
I went back to my stamp images, my favorite part was the butterfly, i layered the markers and used a brush with a little water to blend the image, i then used my Sakura Stardust Pen to give it some glimmer. I just love my bling and glimmer.  This particular butterfly image has been heat embossed (i  will go into that another time however if you need for me to explain the right away, leave me a comment) I then used some gloss medium to go over the Sakura Stardust and it gives it more depth and really blings that glitter
See how pretty and shiny it looks, SO gorgeous! I arted two of them and then layered them popping one off another making them 3-D. I then put it all together, one piece of paper on top of another, added a piece of pretty ribbon and 3 little flower brads .
The envie was made from a template, I then rubberstamp the same images randomly on the inside and outside. Again everything compliments each other, Repeat Repeat and Repeat, it brings it all together.
Back

Front
The card itself looks like a precious gift waiting to be opened!
And Indeed it is a gift, words of love for Mutti.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and will come back to visit!
Art on sistahs~!
L.ANg






No comments: